Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Piece of Heaven on Earth Part Three

After re-charging our energies, we're off to another adventure. But we can't do that if we're hungry. So again I asked our receptionist Ate Zahara, where's the best place to eat. She again suggested a lot of place. I was torn between Ka Lui Restaurant and Badjao Seafront Reastaurant. Ka Lui was a few blocks from where we stay while Badjao Restaurant was like kilometers away from us. I had a hard time thinking since I really had to choose between the two because that will be our last supper in Puerto Princesa since we're headed back home the following day. So I was heart broken because I really find it hard to choose. I read about the two restaurants and I also saw the reviews and both of them are a must see place and they both offer good food but I ended up choosing Badjao Seafront Restaurant because first, we needed to ride a tricycle (I was dreaming to ride the tricycle the moment I saw it.) to be able to get there since Ka lui is a few blocks from us I'm sure Jr will insist that we should just walk. And second it was slightly raining so walking is not ideal. After approximately five minutes, I made up my mind. We'll be having supper at Badjao Seafront Restaurant. lol.

The tricycle. Reminds me of the famous Tuk-Tuk in Thailand. The trike ride just costs  8php per person. Puerto Princesa's tricycles only got two colors Blue, which are coded every Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. White which are not allowed to go out during Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. They had this very strict color coding schemes to avoid crowded streets. I admire their government for formulating and implementing this kind of policy. I wish something like this can be done to my city.

 Choosing Badjao Seafront Restaurant didn't disappoint me. Upon entering you have to walk through this long covered, steady and safe bridge (Not hanging). And you could really feel the ecosystem vibe. I saw a hundred mangroves in the area. I also saw a lot of different trees and it was really beautiful. It was captivating! :)

 I've been told that reservations are suggested before showing up on a restaurant like this since a lot of people come to this place but we were lucky we were seated on a nice spot even though we haven't got any reservations.
And this is the view while we're eating. Amazing, isn't it? :) 

(Click the photo for a larger view)
Inside the resto, it's open air so you could really feel the fresh air circulating. It has this colorful lamps and lights and  banners with cute designs and textures. I loved everything on it. Including the huge fruit boat shaped basket on the right bottom corner.

The Menu. I din't had a hard time choosing what to eat since I already know what I want. CRABS! :)
They offer a lot of sea foods, all shapes and sizes.  They guarantee it's freshly caught and cooked.

We had (Top to bottom): Clam soup with garlic, which Jr loved
Steamed crab with garlic which I loved! :)
and Sizzling squid which Jr and I loved! :)
Love, love, love. lol

The crabs weighed 200 grams, we just ordered a piece since it was unbelievably expensive. But we got our money's worth. It was so good. Jr and I finished everything including it's Sipit (pincer/crab tongs/claws whatever.) :p 

Says, Thank You in English. I was full and Happy. I was also glad that choosing Badjao didn't turned out to be a disappointment. I wish I could go back and I'll give Ka Lui a chance. :)



After the sumptuous dinner we headed back to our home base again. Freshen up. And we found ourselves on the street. It wasn't raining anymore so we took the liberty to explore the rest of the city proper by means of walking and we came across this coffee shop. I know I've told you how I love caffeine and coffee and the works so I wouldn't let that chance get by.


Itoy's Coffee Haus is like Palawan's version of  Starbucks. Yes, they got their own.

Inside Itoy's. Cozy and Comfy. They offer coffee of course, coffee based drinks, pasta, cakes and pastries and other  concoctions. The place was nice and relaxing. 

Jr had, Charlie Brown which is White Frappe, it's not coffee based since Jr doesn't like coffee as much as I do. Whilst I had the classic Mocha Frappe. :)
We also had Chocolate Moist Cake, which is not that moist and it also had caramel in the middle that I didn't like. Jr thought it was okay but I was looking for the REAL Chocolate moist cake without the caramel of course.
But the drink made a statement. Jr liked his and I fell in love with mine. I also fell in love with the whipped cream and I just found myself kissing it. lol.


I was indeed happy. I was caffeinated and I got a lot of memories inside my brain and my heart felt like it would just burst with too much delight (Okay, now, I'm exaggerating. :p)
I clearly had a great time, we walked back to the hotel hand in hand. It was really fulfilling. What a way to wrap day two. I guess I'll see you on day three? :)


More to come!



Lotsa love,

KarenHeartilly










No comments:

Post a Comment