Monday, July 11, 2011

I Like Girls Who Like Girls

Last Friday, I went to the jungle (Manila) to run some errands and I took the liberty to meet up with one of my University mates. I arrived there at around 3 O' Clock in the afternoon because I was greeted by a heavy traffic and a slight rain. I was anxious because I needed to meet up with my boyfriend at around 5 O' Clock and having two hours to spend with your good old friend seems like not enough. And it is indeed not enough. We decided to meet up at Robinson's Galleria in Ortigas, our original plan was to meet at SM Megamall since we wanted to raid Forever 21 again. (I think it's our favorite store by the way since we spent three straight hours there during our last meet up.) But due to the heavy traffic and weather we decided to post pone our shopping spree! lol.
I know I haven't blogged about her yet so this will the first time that you'll meet her. She's Krizia Lacanilao. I call her Krish by the way, we were inseparable during our first year at my University. She was my first friend and although we only spent almost one year together (Since she needed to transfer to another school) we created a bond and we kept each other as friends even if we don't see each other regularly.
When I arrived, we decided to eat first since we were both hungry, she was from grave yard shift and she just woke up. She's also a nurse by the way. She's currently working at St. Luke's Medical Center in Taguig City. 
As we were looking for a place to fill our stomachs we came across Burgoo. An American Bar and Restaurant. It's been ages since the last time I ate there so I persuade Krish that we should try the Grilled steak. And I can tell she liked it there.

It's an American Bar and Restaurant that of course offers pasta and pizza. It also has sea-foods. Great for family gatherings and/or simple meet up with friends.

The ambiance. Simple. Laid back and relaxed. They also play feel good music as a background and that adds to the relaxed and cozy feeling of the place. We we're lucky because it was past rush hour, so it wasn't crowded nor noisy. If you'll notice at the far right part of the photo there's a colorful collections of drawing from the customers posted on the wall. If I'm not mistaken, before, they only use one design which is the butterfly  (Look closely) and their consumers will just color the ready made patterns.

You'll notice the white paper that serves as a mat on top of the table. You can draw on it. Yes, that's the reason why they have crayons on the side. It's a cute gimmick actually, good for kids and kids at heart. While waiting for your order you can draw anything you like on the paper. You can even bring your own crayons! :p

We almost forgot to talk because we we're so busy drawing! Kidding! We we're chatting while drawing actually. We even  made side comments on each others drawings. :)

I really missed Krish so much. As much as possible, I wanted to bond with her. Because I know that the time will come that one of us will no longer be in the country. I just hope and pray that everything will remain between us.

By Krish. She adores Hello Kitty so much. :)

Here's mine. I don't draw any cartoon character for it won't look like them in the first place. These are the only things that I can draw aside from stick figures of course. Lol. :p

Krish had the grilled steak with rice. The plate presentation isn't appealing but the food says it all. She was able to finish everything. :)

I had the grilled steak with the gigantic mashed potato. I'm really a sucker for mashed potatoes. I super loved it. It's chunky, with a bit of crushed ginger and I can taste the nutmeg. Okay, I should stop right there because I'm sounding like a freak already. Anyway, I was able to finish the steak but not the mashed potato, I even asked Krish to help me with it. But it weren't able to finish it, we weren't able to finish even the half of it. That's how massive the serving was.

We both had two slices of pepperoni pizza. Because I was already full, I didn't tasted it. I told the waiter to wrap it because I know Jr will like it. That' how thoughtful I am. Lol. :p
Krish also didn't ate her pizza, it was wrapped also because she'll bring it to work afterwards.

Krish and I are totally different persons. She's the shy one and I'm the out spoken one. And we even like different things too. When we're in our University days, she always like things that I don't get. But despite of our differences, we still get along very well. Maybe that's the proof to the saying that opposites do attract. Right?

After our super late lunch we decided to window shop. We chatted and debated about the things that we saw. That's one more thing I like about our friendship. We are free to say the things on our mind. We can say what we think without thinking that the other person will be offended by our opinion because we know and we respect each other. At past five we decided to call it a day since I need to meet up with my Jr and she needed to catch up with her sleep. It was still raining so instead of walking to much we decided to take the bus. But before we part ways something really awful happened. I won't go into details for as I said it's awful and I don't want awful things on my blog. We were still thankful that we are both safe. And we'll just charge everything to experience. We'll be careful next time and pray that things like that won;t happen again.
I really had a great time bonding with Krish. I hope to see her again soon. :)

I hope you had a great time meeting her.

Till next time. More to come!

Love lots,

KarenHeartilly

No comments:

Post a Comment