Friday, April 8, 2011

Deadline. 55?

I got  cough for almost two weeks. I tried every cough remedy that I could think of. I wasn't bothered at first since its normal for me to have occasional coughs since I am diagnosed with Asthma. (It's hereditary so I only got my genes to blame.) When I felt tightness on my chest and after so much deliberation I decided to consult my doctor.

My diagnosis? Bronchiectasis (Onset). (just click this link for further information http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/bronchiectasis ). In other words, it's a condition where in there is an over production of phlegm in the lungs. (Please excuse me, I hope you're not eating or something and reading this won't gross you out.. :p)
This is easy to cure actually, but the problem is, I got Asthma (Remember?) that is responsible for constricting my airways stocking the phlegm inside my lungs depriving it's way to come out. If not treated it will destroy my lungs. And what will happen if a person has a destroyed lung? Yes. He will not be able to breathe properly.

I read articles about it and it revealed that the life expectancy of a person with this disease is approximately until 55 years old. I'm 23, so I still got, 32?
I am on a strict medication regimen right now. I'm having high hopes since I discovered the disease before it even started, but it still makes me nervous. I just keep on mind that a lot of people is praying for me. I got a very competent doctor. I have faith and I believe I'll do better. I will be better. I just have to take good care of myself now. :)

You know, I'm taking this seriously but this won't stop me from having a life. I'm 23 and I'm young. I'm in love and a lot of people loves me too. Although I got limitations on my physical activities (since i get easily exhausted) I will enjoy my life. Every bit of it. This is not a death wish or something, but I wanted to write this for other people to ponder, that life really is full of surprises. One moment, you're okay, having a lot of fun with you're friends and family and then with the blink of an eye, you won't be able to see them anymore.
I just don't want to live my life with regret.
I will live my life to the fullest.
No Hold backs. All Out.
For now on, as I said I'm on medication and I will update you so don't cha worry. :p

Love lots,

KarenHeartilly

No comments:

Post a Comment