Friday, April 29, 2011

Drug Overdose

I went to my doctor this afternoon, I'm seeing him once a week for almost a month now. I needed to monitor my condition (See, I told you I'm taking this seriously and seeing him weekly isn't easy on the pocket, you can't imagine how much every meeting costs.) I had a repeat Chest X-Ray (I'm sorry I can't post a photo of it because I can't get my plate.) and the result revealed a significant change. The supposedly marks are beginning to disappear now. I was elated. At last! Weeks of having Gastro-Intestinal upset paid off and also my meds doesn't tastes that good, some kinda acid-metal-stays-in-your-mouth kind of taste. Argh! But still I need to continue taking medication so that I will continue to have a good prognosis. He also replaced my Anti-Biotic into a much, much, way higher dose so I need to endure more GI (Gastro-Intestinal) upsets. :( But if It'll make me better, why not? Right? :)

A drastic change came into me, because I need to maintain a drug to control my asthma attack. And I need loads and loads of vaccine to prevent certain exacerbations. Let me tell you, getting sick isn't cheap! :(
You wanna see the Meds I'm taking? Let me share them with you. :p

Two puff per day. One in the morning and one before going to sleep. I also need to gargle afterwards, because it's in powder form and some powder stays on my mouth. It can cause fungal infection if I won't observe proper hygiene. Well, proper hygiene doesn't bother me. I'm an OC. :p My sister and boyfriend said that my inhaler looks like the thing that gives "Captain Barbell" his powers. :p



My previous Anti-Biotic. Responsible for the unbearable GI upset that I experienced to be taken twice a day with meals. Argh!


This one is tricky. It's an effervescent tablet, in other words, I have to dissolve this on a glass of water so I'll be able to drink it. Which reminds me of an Aspilet tablet dissolved on a spoon that my Mum makes me drink when I get sick since when I was super young I can't swallow a tablet. (I'll ask her later why she didn't try buying the syrup form instead. :p). This drug is for excretion of the icky yuck stuff called phlegm. I also don't like the taste of it, to be taken also twice a day with meals also. :p

  
Medixon is an Anti-Inflammatory Drug. It has Steriods actually and it also has not so good effects on human body when it's used on a long period of time. I'm praying so hard that I'm not taking so many so I won't develop any bad effects in the future. But my doctor guaranteed that's it's okay. That made me relaxed a little. :p Also twice a day after meals because the taste really stays in your mouth and the after taste in the worse! Argh Again!


So there you go. Those were the drugs that I'm taking to keep me alive for more than 55 years old. lol.
As I told you. Strict Regimen. Isn't it obvious that I'm not a medicine lover? I don't fancy any of them and I hope and pray that I'll be able to stop taking each and every one of it without me feeling unwell. Good thing I'm surrounded by loving people and they always remind me to take my meds. And I feel that I'm being taking cared of. I'm happy that my prognosis is good and I'm on way to feeling totally well. I thank God for being to nice to me. I will always be grateful no matter what He decides for me. No need to worry anymore. Happy Heart! :)


Love Lots,


KarenHeartilly


No comments:

Post a Comment