Monday, May 30, 2011

Bye For Now

I noticed that I've been through a lot of Despedida (A Spanish word the means Farewell or Goodbye) lately, and I just figured out that most of my friends are neither outside the country or about to leave the country. It makes me envious though, thinking that most of them will be having a better future. Being overseas opens a lot of doors and tons of opportunities (Noticed how many "S" I used? lol.) but thinking about the things and people that I'll be leaving behind, makes my heart melt. I'll going to miss everything about my home. I know I'm such a coward for not having the guts to step out of my comfort zone, but hey, who needs to rush? I'm young and I've got a lot of things to learn It's very clear to me that that day will come that I have to leave everything behind. I'm just prolonging the inevitable. For now, I'm enjoying the company of my friends, the comfort of my home, the warmth of my family and the simple joys of being on my haven. Don't worry, when that "time" comes, I'll let you know every detail of it. I promise. :)

Last Sunday, Jr and I together with his friends The Buddies grabbed a dinner to say goodbye to Mick, he's bound to London this Friday. We had a sumptuous supper at Lamarang Steaks and Seafood Restaurant here at Cabanatuan. It offers home cooked meals and of course seafoods and steaks on affordable prices. The place has Bahay Kubos (Nipa Hut) that gives this fresh and homey feeling (I regret not having a snap shot, don't worry, I won't forget it next time). We had Gising Gising, Beef Kare-Kare, Shrimp Tempura and Buttered Chicken. (Forgive me for I won't be able to make your mouth water, I neglect to take some photos on the food. My bad.)

Right after the storm! ha,ha
As I said, there were no food left, and it almost felt like a hurricane just passed by. lol.
Everybody was full and hyped.
L-R: Meek, My Kuya Allan, My Jr, Me, Cris, Annie, Mick, Eric and Eric's friend (Oh please forgive me, no matter how much I recall, I can't remember his name. Please, please forgive me.)
P.S. you'll notice the yellow thingy in the middle, it's a buzzer. Yes, a buzzer. It's used to call the attention of the waiter. Convenient eh? Wish they could put bells instead. Lol :p


After the overwhelming dinner, what's next? Of course! Dessert!!!
We went to Yogurtree, a frozen yogurt/ice cream parlor here again in Cabanatuan. It offers, of course, frozen yogurt, ice creams, espresso based drinks, sandwiches and pasta. The place has this cozy, relaxing and comfortable feeling. Everyone of us had Frozen Yogurts with the toppings of our choice except Jr, he hates yogurt by the way. He had ice cream instead. Everyone had their own conversation going, occasionally laughing at each other. I didn't felt the sadness on the air, I just felt real friendship and in spite of the teasing I felt their concern and happiness for Mick.


With Mick and Criselda. Although I haven't got the chance to spend more time with Mick I know how a wonderful person he is. And he will surely be missed.

Please forgive this. I can't resist putting this. I super adore that cute little drawer. Jr and I even attempted to steal it, unfortunately the store is equipped with CCTV. Lol.

I look cute here. Right? Lol. :p

With Criselda. She had blueberry syrup, cheesecake and Kitkat while I had Koko Crunch, Choco Chips and Kitkat! Yum-O! :)

My Jr had Cheese Kasoy Macapuno Ice Cream. It's heaven by the way. He dreads yogurt actually, I mentioned that already right? :)

We're hyped and full of energy, maybe because of the sweets? But all in all. I had a great time. I'm looking forward for next time. :)



After the sweets, we decided to call it a day since Jr needs to go back to Manila that'll take three or fours of travel. Before we go, I hugged Mick and I told him to take care. We also had a group hug! It made me feel good actually, it's nice to know that there are people that you can count on to hug you when you need one and that's priceless. To Mick, I hope you'll take care, it was so nice meeting you and let's bond when you get back. :)


P.S. Thanks to Meek (Micheal Mercado) for the photos, you're really like a pro! :)

More to come Hearties!


Love Lots,

KarenHeartilly



No comments:

Post a Comment