Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Godmothers

Last Saturday my girlfriends and I went to Sathia's Christening. Sathia is Mary Cris' and Bheje's daughter. Mary Cris is part of Footprints. We've  known each other since high school and even though we don't see each other that often (because she took up her college at Manila and she's currently residing there now) she will always be dear to my heart. The christening was set to start at 2 O' clock in the afternoon but we arrived at around 3:30. Wanna know why? Of course I will tell you the story. (That's what I'm good at, remember?) lol. :p

We were set to meet up at One in the afternoon (When I say we, I mean my Boyfriend JR, Tere, her boyfriend Edison, Justine her boyfriend Icha, Viel and I) at the famous landmark here in Cabanatuan called Crossing (When you say "crossing" here, every local knows where it is.). We were supposed to ride on Tere's car but an unexpected thing happened. The car over heated. Good thing we were still near the city, so  we had to stop to let the car cool down first. While we were waiting, Jr and Eds flirted with Tam for a while. :p
Tere and Edison took the car home and we (Tadah!) took a Jeepney to go there. The weather was really humid and the sun was on it's peak! It was really Hot! Almost like 36 degrees Celsius or even more. But that didn't stop us from having fun. The ride was almost 45mins but we didn't noticed it because we were all having fun. And oh by the way we went to Cris' House in Sto. Domingo 20-25kilometers (According to my Dad) from Cabanatuan. When we got there we we're greeted by Cris' family, we we're so late almost all the other guests were gone and few people were left. We finally met Bheje, Cris' hubby, Sathia's dad. He was nice to us and he entertained us. After we ate we chatted. We had a lot of catching up to do I guess since we seldom see each other. We realized that the last time that we saw each other was over a year ago and time really flies so fast. Cris' is a Mom now. We are happy for her and proud of her as well. We know that she's a good mother and a wife. She calls her daughter "Sathia ko". It was sweet and endearing. While chatting we saw these balloons and we played we them. lol.

This is Hailey Jae Sathia P. Lopez isn't she adorable? :p

I love wrapping presents! So, I find every excuse to do so.  :p  


From L-R: Cris (Sathia's Mom), Tere, Jhelyn, Viel, ME and Tine 


Look what happened to the innocent balloons lying on the floor. :p

We really missed you Cris! Hope to see you at the wedding! :p

With the respective boyfriends. lol.

Our authentic Kinder pose :)

I don't really know how to make shapes out of balloons, I haven't tried that before. And I can't figure how on earth  I was able to make this. Really. :p 

With Tine and Tere. I super loved this photo. ♥
After chatting the whole afternoon we decided that we should be heading back home. On our way home everyone got hungry! I don't know why, maybe because we kept laughing and laughing can really burn a lot of calories. So before calling it a day we decided to have supper together. Tine suggested to eat at Ciajo's Habitat. A local restaurant in Cabanatuan that offers exotic foods. The idea of eating fried frogs doesn't creep me out. I'm okay with that, but I don't know if I can eat the cockroach-look-a-like-beetle (forgive me but I forgot what it's called) and crickets they don't sound appetizing to me. Ugh!

Ciajo's Habitat. They offer home cooked meals as well as exotic foods on reasonable prices. The food was good but I can't say the same with the service. The waiter even forget some of our others, which disappointed us. Good thing we were so hungry we didn't bother to complain.

We had Seafood Kare-Kare with a spicy bagoong (Shrimp paste). It was good but I didn't like bagoong. It's not that I don't like spicy foods, I just CAN'T eat it. :

Crispy Fried Frogs. They tasted good.

One of my faves, Buttered Chicken. Honestly, when I tasted the frog after eating the chicken, I can't tell which is which anymore. :p

Spell Haggard! Please forgive me for what I looked like. I'm tired because of the travel, exhausted from the heat and super hungry. :p

After eating. look how happy we are! Food really makes us happy! :)

After dinner, we chatted for the last minute and decided to call it a day. I really had fun. It was really one heck of a day. I just wished this things can happen again because my friends are really part of my life. And I just wish and pray that after years or decades we will be like this forever. Hope you had fun too..

More to come!


Love Lots,

KarenHeartilly

No comments:

Post a Comment